- Children are taught using ‘Kapow’ scheme of work.
- Online safety is taught regularly at an age appropriate level.
KS1 children are taught to:
- understand what algorithms are; how they are implemented as programs on digital devices; and that programs execute by following precise instructions,
- create and debug simple programs,
- use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
- use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
KS2 children are taught to:
- design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals,
- use logical reasoning to explain how some simple algorithms work and to detect and correct errors in algorithms and programs
- use search technologies effectively, appreciate how results are selected and ranked, and be discerning in evaluating digital content.