- Designated Safeguarding Lead in school: Nicola Clarke
- Designated Safeguarding Persons in school: Megan Underwood, Georgina Kershaw, Patricia Avis, Niall Fox
- Safeguarding Governor: Keith Mewes
Safeguarding of our pupils is of paramount importance at The Holy Family Catholic Primary School.
All members of staff are subject to a full, enhanced, DBS check prior to employment and 'Safer Recruitment' procedures are followed.
All members of staff receive training on an annual basis to confirm procedures in school. This includes understanding and identifying possible areas of concern.
The school takes the Safeguarding of children very seriously, Parents with any concerns about a child's welfare should bring these concerns to the schools attention. If you have any concerns please speak to the Class Teacher.
POLICY STATEMENT ON SAFER RECRUITMENT
The Holy Family Catholic Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults within our school community. We will carefully select, train and support all those with any responsibility within the School, in line with Safer Recruitment principles of the KSCB (Kent Safeguarding Children Board).
This means that we will:
- Ensure that our recruitment and selection processes are inclusive, fair, consistent and transparent.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent those who might harm children who may be vulnerable, from taking up in our school, positions of respect, responsibility or authority where they are trusted by others.
- Adhere to safer recruitment legislation, guidance and standards, responding positively to changing understandings of good safer recruitment practice.
- Always seek advice from human resources personnel to achieve best possible practice.
- Ensure training on safer recruitment practice guidance is maintained and relevant to current legislation and guidelines
- Ensure our systems for monitoring adherence to safer recruitment practice are reviewed on a termly basis and documented as such, at an annual FGB.